Physiotherapy is a branch of medicine which facilitates rehabilitation of a physical disability which may occur due to different disease processes. They address the illnesses or injuries that limit a person’s abilities to move and perform functional activities in their daily lives.
Department of Physiotherapy
The Physiotherapy Department has qualified Physiotherapists and a well equipped rehabilitation department.
Physiotherapy management commonly includes prescription of or assistance with specific exercises and techniques to
- Re-educate muscle activity through rehabilitation
- Improve neuromuscular coordination and balance through rehabilitation
- Improve joint mobility through mobilization technique
- Relieve pain
- Improves circulation of blood through fermentation, which relieves pain. Improves range of motion of limbs.
- Reduces stiffness of joints.
- Reduces muscle spasm and spasticity.
- Improves endurance and strength of muscle.
- Corrects postural deviation.
- Rectifies Spinal Injuries
- Rectifies Cardiac-Related Problems
- Providing educational material related to neck, back and knee joint
- Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Neurological Rehabilitation
- Paediatric Rehabilitation
- Orthopedic/ Musculoskeletal conditions
- Community Based Rehabilitation
- Women’s Health care Rehabilitation
- Sports Rehabilitation
- Geriatric Rehabilitation
- Surgical instruments