The department of medicine is a major, dynamic department of the institution, which is actively dedicated to Undergraduate and Postgraduate teaching of the highest standard. We strive for comprehensive and personalized patient care, while also providing the foundation to numerous specializations in this hospital.
Department of Medicine provides the following clinical services
Medicine Out-Patient Department (OPD):
- Located on ground floor, Open 9-4pm
- Physicians available for complete health check up, ECG and reporting, diabetes and hypertension management, diet councelling
- Specialists available for treatment of Oncology, Haematology, Rheumatology, and Endocrinology disease.
- Treatment of diseases including cardiovascular, respiratory, gastrointestinal, hepatobiliary and nervous system
- Diabetes Care – Comprehensive diabetes care including diabetes education, dietary advice to diabetic patients, diabetes foot care clinic. Diagnosis & Management of all complications of Diabetes – Nephropathy, Neuropathy, Retinopathy, Peripheral vascular disease, Cardiac and Neurological Disease.
- Located on first and second floor
- Separate male and female ward, each with its own high depedency unit (HDU)
- Management of various types of medical emergencies- stroke, myocardial infarction, epilepsy, asthma, liver failure, kidney failure
- Critical care facility available
Medicine Super Specialities
- 2 D Echo, Treadmill testing (TMT)
- Transesophageal echocardiography (TEE)
- Angioplasty (Coronary, Peripheral, Carotid)
- Intracardiac electrophysiology study( E.P.S)
- Radiofrequency ablation (R.F.A)
- UGI Endoscopy (Diagnostic & Therapeutic)
- Colonoscopy (Diagnostic & Therapeutic)
- Comprehensive treatment for Liver disease.
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Nerve Conduction Study (NCV)
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Stroke – Thrombolysis
- Haemo Dialysis
- Management of Rheumatoid arthritis
- Connective tissue disorders.
- Management of Diabetes
- Thyroid problems
- Pituitary problems.
- Management of HIV & Complications,
- all other infections.
Haematology & Oncology
- Management of Anemia
- Leukaemia’s- Chemotherapy
- Appropriate management of malignancies with chemotherapy.